Steak makes the perfect dinner for date night or any special occasion that requires something a little more special on the table.
Red meat often gets a bad rep in the health department but in truth, it’s a fantastic source of protein, selenium, zinc, phosphorus, iron and B vitamins that’s perfectly healthy for consumption from time to time.
We paired ours with a colorful side of peppers and a delicious black rice with corn, spring onions and avocado. As a general rule of thumb, remember that colorful almost always means healthier when it comes to choosing your ingredients. Black rice in more nutrient dense than white rice and colorful veggies are a fantastic source of many micronutrients.
To retain the health benefits of our ingredients we prepared everything in Zepter Masterpiece Cookware.
Zepter’s use of 316-L stainless steel
and URA technology
allow us to cook at lower temperatures, without worrying about our ingredients sticking to the pan. As a result, we were able to prepare this meal without adding any additional oil, water or fats to the pan during the cooking process.
For the marinade
For the rice
For the peppers
For the rice
- Add the rice to a Zepter Z-2015 pot and pour in 13.5 oz. of purified Aqueena water. Using the Zepter Masterpiece Cookware stacking system, steam the corn on top using the Z-3AC grater-lifter and reduction ring. Cover and cook at 250°F for 2 minutes, then lower heat to 195°F and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from heat source and let sit, covered, for another 10 minutes
- Pour the cooked rice into a Zepter Black & White serving bowl. Remove corn kernels from the cob and mix in with rice, chopped spring onions and avocado
For the peppers
- Season with the pesto, lemon juice and pepper. Mix to combine
For the steak
- Slice the pepper and onions and add to a Zepter Quadra Z-Q1918-SC grill pan, without adding any water or oil to the pan. Cover and cook at 250°F for 2 minutes then lower temperature to 195°F, remove lid and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Remove from heat source and season with olive oil, pepper and micro greens
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade
- Cut beef into 1-inch thick steaks and coat in the marinade. Place in a VacSy container and leave in fridge for 1-2 hours, or overnight
- About an hour before cooking, take the steaks out of the fridge
- Place the steaks into a cold Zepter Z-1918-SC grill pan and cook at 250°F for 3 minutes on one side. Turn the steaks over, lower temperature to 195°F and cook for an additional 5 minutes, covered
- Remove steaks from frying pan let rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into strips
- Garnish steaks with pesto and serve in Black & White porcelain with the sautéed peppers and black rice