A dish originating in Hungary, chicken paprikash is the perfect comfort food for cold winter days. As time has gone by this dish has managed to go from relatively unknown outside of Eastern Europe to becoming a favorite among those seeking a warm, filling meal.
The key ingredient that gives the dish its unique flavor is of course, paprika. We recommend using the best quality paprika you can find since it’s what provides most of the flavor – sweet or smoked, it’s up to you. If you like a little of spice on your palate, add spicy dried paprika too. To give the dish some additional volume and keep you full for longer we also added chopped carrots and potatoes.
Thanks to Zepter Masterpiece Cookware there was no need to add any additional oil or water to the paprikash – lowering the total fat content of the meal without compromising on flavor. All Zepter Masterpiece Cookware is constructed from 316-L stainless steel, which allows you to cook at lower temperatures, keeping your ingredients intact and retaining maximum nutritive value. Most importantly, no toxic substances are released during the cooking process.
- 2.2 lb. chicken (drumsticks and thighs)
- 4 carrots
- 5 potatoes
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 stalk of celery
- 3 ½ oz. spring onion
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 handful whole peppercorns
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- Spicy dried paprika
- Add chicken to a cold Zepter Z-2455 pot, without any oil or water
- Add the cinnamon sticks, whole peppercorns, ground paprika and spicy dried paprika
- Cover and cook at medium heat 320°F for 5 minutes
- Lower heat to 195°F and add chopped carrots, potatoes, diced tomatoes and celery. Cover and cook for 10 minutes
- Add spring onions and fresh pesto, mix to combine
- Serve in Black & White porcelain