These gingerbread cookies look as good as they taste! Aside from being a delicious treat to have with Zepresso tea or coffee, they make a beautiful festive table decoration.
Ours also happen to be vegan. Additionally, we use spelt flour as opposed to all-purpose flour and coconut sugar instead of white sugar so that you can indulge without compromising on nutritional value.
INGREDIENTS (yields 3 dozen)
- 100 g ground toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tsp. gingerbread spice mix
- ¼ tsp. baking soda (leveled)
- Combine the dry ingredients in one mixing bowl and the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar and honey in another
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients to make the dough
- Divide the dough in half, shape into two discs, then wrap and place in fridge to cool for at least 3 hours or overnight
- Once the dough has chilled, place each disc between two sheets of parchment paper and start to roll out the dough
- Use cookie cutters to make your desired shapes
- Bake for 12 minutes at 180°C
: If you don’t have premade gingerbread mix on hand make your own! Here’s the recipe: Mix ½ a leveled tsp. of ground ginger, 1 leveled tsp. cinnamon, ¼ leveled tsp. of ground cloves, ¼ tsp. ground cardamom, a pinch of nutmeg and a pinch of ground star anise.